Paint it Black.

Black is seriously a sexy colour. I can't help but be in love with it. It's slimming, compliments every skin tone, goes with all colours and is a real statement.


Mainly black was reserved for mourning, priests, fashion designers and fascists - this colour has always stood for powerfully opposed ideas: authority and humility, sin and holiness, rebellion and conformity, wealth and poverty, good and bad.


However, in the late 70's this colour started making its way into fashion circles and now it's made it's return. To me: BLACK is the new (old and trusted) black. 







Black is a statement and you can never go wrong with it. It just makes a whole outfit subtler, chic, sophisticated. Unless, you're like me on my eccentric days, when I'll wear a bright green dress!
Black just makes us classier and even though it's considered a mourner's colour, I don't care! I've got things to mourn, like people who can't put an outfit together to save their lives.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

New Stylin' Comments

 

Search This Blog